Thursday, April 14, 2011

Happy Birthday Carlos

{I typed up this post way back in February as that's when Carlos had his birthday but due to the hybrid nature of the card (SU products and non-SU products) I was not going to publish it.... but seeing that I have not been able to get anything else posted lately I thought showing you this card was better than not showing you anything at all!!  And it's almost all SU except for the Owl stamp anyway....  :>}

.....................................................................

Now, if I had the Owl punch that is what I would have used for this card!  But I don't own one (yet) so chose an owl stamp from my pre-SU stash and then of course remembered I do have an owl stamp in the Fox and Friends set, but by then it was too late...

Anyway, Carlos gets an owl card because he is an ardent supporter of a Chilean football team (soccer) which has an Owl as a mascot and the shorted name for this team is 'la U" hence the huge U on the card as well (personally I thought that was a stroke of genius LOL!).  Oh yes, and blue, red and white are the team colours, obviously!



What I used:

Card:  Pacific Point, Riding Hood Red, White

Ink:  Riding Hood Red, watercolour pencils

Stamp Sets:  Basic Phrases, Wonderful Favourites, Big Deal Alphabet (retired) Owl (non SU)

Tools and other fun stuff:  Square Lattice Embossing Folder, Word Window Punch (I used it to punch out the happy + birthday, then snipped off the rounded ends), non SU scallop dies, Stampin' Dimensionals.

No comments:

Post a Comment