Friday, October 7, 2011

Still on the subject of rockets...

Well, after all the amazing work the teachers at kindy put in to the Rocket Festival I thought I'd better make them a thank you card to accompany a little gift - and of course it had to feature rockets!

I did a quick search on Splitcoast Stampers and found the idea for the moon (with a whole lot of craters on it!) and sort of got an idea how to make a rocket and I was ready to make my card.

Punch art was the way to go today and with only three punches I made the rocket - if you have the "Pennants" punch you could use that one too for the tip, fins, etc.  (hmmm do rockets have 'fins'?  I know fish do, not so sure about rockets....)

I'll be making a few more of these to keep on hand for birthdays, that's for sure!




What I used:

Card:  Pacific Point, White, Bashful Blue, Real Red, Daffodil Delight.

Ink:  Riding Hood Red, Versamark Watermark ink.

Stamp Sets: Sincere Salutations, Starring You (retired)

Tools and other fun stuff:  Wide Oval punch, Large Oval punch, 1/2" circle punch. Stampin' Dimensionals, Small Star punch (retired), non SU embossing folder, embossing buddy, heat tool, gold embossing powder.

1 comment: