Sunday, March 6, 2011

Trying out a new technique today

Hello again, nice to see you back here!

For ages I've been meaning to try the technique where you emboss a design with clear embossing powder and then sponge over the top with inks to reveal the design and today I had a chance to do so.  I wasn't too sure what would happen, I hadn't really seen any tutorials but sort of guessed what people had done and went from there!

This time I remembered to use the anti-static pad and it made a huge difference!  When I heat-embossed the last two butterflies I forgot to wipe the card with the afore mentioned pad and then I had to find a paintbrush to brush off all the stray black powder, not something I recommend having to do!

Randomly stamped with Versamark Watermark ink the daisy image from Petals Prints on the lower left corner of my white card and up and accross to form a half-frame, poured the embossing powder over it and set it with the heat gun.  It sort of creates your very own Presto Paper if you like!

I used a couple of colours for the sponging, I started with Regal Rose at the bottom of the white card and worked up one side and across the bottom edge too, then I used So Saffron to fill in the rest of the card.  It is a little pale, but I'm happy with how it turned out.

The three flowers were cut with the Floral Fusion die, and embossed with the Square Lattice embossing folder.  I also used the same embossing folder for the scallop border, I personally think it makes the border look a little like lace!




Close up of the dry-embossed Floral Fusion flowers.



Close up of the heat-embossed daisies.
What I used:

Card:  Rose Red, White, So Saffron

Ink:  Regal Rose, So Saffron, Chocolate Chip, Versamark Watermark ink

Stamp Set:  Sincere Salutations, Petal Prints

\Tools and other fun stuff:  Scalloped Border punch, Scalloped Oval punch, Wide Oval punch,
Square Lattice embossing folder, Floral Fusion die, Basic Pearls, anti-static pad, clear embossing powder, heat gun, Stampin' sponges.

2 comments:

  1. You are so right Frances - it does create your very own Presto Paper. This is a wonderful technique to learn - good on you for a having a go. You card is lovely ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it Frances - the colours work so beautifully together. I love the lattice folder on the scallop edging.

    ReplyDelete