Monday, May 2, 2011

Challenge - part 3

Time for card number 3!

This time I used the negative shape from the Night of Navy cardstock after the shapes were cut out.  I ran it through the Square Lattice embossing folder to add some texture and placed it over a piece of Very Vanilla which I had stamped with the little bee image from Nature Walk.

Then... I layered three flowers from the 'challenge bag' and added a large pearl in the middle.  I also punched out four stems with leaves using the Bird Punch and assembled the card.  

As a finishing touch I added three more pearls to the bottom of the card.

I really like the layered flower with the leaves... not so sure about the bees in the background though!



What I used:

Card:  Old Olive, Very Vanilla, Night of Navy

Ink:  Night of Navy

Stamp Sets:  Nature Walk

Tools and other fun stuff:  Big Shot, Blossom Party Original Die, Bird punch, basic pearls, Square Lattice embossing folder, sheet of cork

2 comments:

  1. Frances it needs those bees in the background. What a fabulous use of left overs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a novel idea, using a negative image this way. I may well have to give this a go. I do like it.

    ReplyDelete