Monday, May 23, 2011

Scrapbooking for the present!

Following on from yesterday's nostalgic post, here is a very bright scrapbook page that is ready to be pasted into my little boy's kindy book.  They ask every term or so for families to write something in the child's book so this time what immediately sprung to mind was his great love of board games, especially Snakes and Ladders!  He'll persuade anyone who walks in the door to have a game with him and the one game can go on and on - up the ladders, down the snakes, up the ladders again!  I love listening to his chatter as he plays, "I hope I get a 3!" (and sure enough a 3 rolls out and up the ladder he goes!).  In this page he is playing with his Nana and his big sister though his Dad is his favourite 'opponent' of all times!

I had thought of cutting out snakes and ladders but decided to go for 1 1/2" squares with numbers on it instead.

Anyway, here it is, nice and bright!





What I used - be warned!  A few non SU items crept into this project....

Card:  Gable Green (retired but a great match for the Snakes and Ladders board!), Pacific Point, Daffodil Delight and "Labour Party Red" (I recycled a Christmas card send out by the local MP last Christmas - I don't exactly follow the Labour party but all that red on it was great hehehe!)

Tools:  Non SU numbers die.

No comments:

Post a Comment