Thursday, July 14, 2011

Happy Anniversary mum and dad

My mum and dad are on the last week of their holiday here in NZ at the moment, but have gone north to see other aunts and uncles.  They will be celebrating 56 years of marriage on the 16th July!  

Here is the card I made them, very simple and straight to the point I think - Life happens, love helps!  I thought it was a very appropriate sentiment for them at this stage of their lives.

Orange and green are a 'family colour' so to speak, my great-grandmother used to embroider for a living and we still have her left-over floss and it's mainly orange and green!  I know mum will like the colours I've chosen for her (and dad's) card.



Mum and Dad earlier this year enjoying a day out at the Wellington Botanic Gardens

What I used:

Card:  Tangerine Tango, Certainly Celery, White, Old Olive, Very Vanilla snippet, for the center of the flower.

Ink:  Certainly Celery, Pumpkin Pie, Chocolate Chip, Riding Hood Red.

Stamp Sets:  Vintage Vogue

Tools and other fun stuff:  Top Note die, Lots of Tags Sizzlits die, Bird Punch, Swiss dots embossing folder, 1/4" circle punch.

1 comment:

  1. Your Mum is going to love the card.

    Their holiday has come to an end really quicky. It was lovely being able to meet your Mum while she was here.

    ReplyDelete