Saturday, September 10, 2011

Nature Walk birthday

Have been having quite a crafty weekend making cards, using up bits and pieces and I came across the gold embossed images from Nature Walk which I did way back in April for my Aunt and Uncle's Golden Wedding anniversary.

I thought I'd use the extra embossed image I had made that day (just in case I mucked one up, always have a spare!) and found a base card in Ruby Red (retired) which I thought would be just right as a base.  Of course I could have used a current colour but the idea was to use up old stock...

I sponged the edges of the Very Vanilla embossed card with Old Olive, scalloped a 1" piece of Old Olive and embossed that with Square Lattice EF - thought about adding ribbons and bows but in the end opted for a simpler version.

Anyway, it was the perfect opportunity to use the fancy oval die from Lots of Tags - the main reason I'd bought that set of dies but which I had never used till today...

I also used a little Ruby Red pastel to shade the gold embossed images and around the edges of the tulip frame.





What I used:

Card:  Ruby Red (retired), Very Vanilla, Old Olive.

Ink:  Soft Suede, Old Olive, Versamark watermark pad.

Stamp Sets:  Nature Walk, Sincere Salutations.

Tools and other fun stuff:  Framed Tulips EF, Square Lattice EF, Lots of Tags dies, Scalloped Border punch, Dimensionals, pastels, gold embossing powder.

No comments:

Post a Comment