Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Just for fun - another Top Note card

If you've seen a few of my previous posts you probably know by now I can't craft without the Top Note die - matter of fact, I keep it alongside the family passports in case there is an emergency and we need to leave in a hurry - just kidding!

But I DO love those curvy sides, its shape is just so pretty, and that's all there is to it really...you can dress it up nice and feminine, you can pare it down for masculine cards,  make it cute for baby cards etc - they all benefit from a little Top Note.

Anyway, as usual I had cut out a patterned top note shape that just was not providing any inspiration, so I flipped it over, added the left-over 'brackets' from yesterday's card, rummaged through some bags of punched shapes and voila, a card emerged.




What I used:

Card:  Tangerine Tango, recycled white card, Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie, Baja Breeze, Soft Suede, So Saffron, Greenhouse Gala DSP (retired).

Ink:  Versamark Watermark inkpad

Stamps: Heard from the Heart

Tools and other fun stuff:  Top Note die, Bird punch, Beautiful Wings Embosslits die, Floral Fusion Sizzlets die, Black embossing powder, heat tool, glitter, Stampin' Dimensionals.

2 comments: