I've learnt lots along the way this morning:
1. Don't choose a DSP unless you have the matching inks and ribbons! I thought I'd be frugal and use up some of last years Tea Party DSP only to find that what I thought was So Saffron and Bashful Blue turned out to be Apricot Appeal and Almost Amethyst! Anyway, I stamped the image with Bashful Blue and the ribbon is So Saffron, and it turned out fine in the end after my initial panic.
2. When sticking the DSP to the notebook cover don't pull it too tight otherwise the notebook will not close properly...
3. Don't use a 'wet glue' to glue the DSP down - or your inside pages with become nice and wrinkled...
4. I found inserting the DSP into the pen the easiest part of the entire project thanks to Keryn's very clear instructions.
5. And finally, if you can find pens with caps that match your colours it would be so much better!
Anyway, here are a couple of photos of what I made.
What I used:
Card: Almost Amethyst (Retired), White, Tea Party DSP (retired)
Ink: Bashful Blue
Stamp Set: Easter Blossoms
Tools and other fun stuff: So Saffron 5/8" grosgrain ribbon (retired), Scallop Border punch.