Wednesday, January 26, 2011

A Valentine Challenge

I am a little over red at the moment after Christmas, so when someone suggested we make a couple of Valentine projects I opted for colours which were a little less traditional - a combination I like to call my chocolate, raspberry and whipped cream delight!  Delicious, and zero calories!

When I mentioned raspberries it reminded me of when I grew up on a farm in Chile and mum had rows and rows of those berries growing in the vege garden/orchard - ah, life was so sweet and simple in those days.  Of course it wasn't so much fun when my three brothers and I were 'conscripted' into picking the darn things to make jams, syrups and preserves... but in the middle of winter we were ever so grateful for all these delicacies, I can almost taste them now!

Anyway, enough reminiscing and here is my very simple card and a small container for chocolates or sweets.



(Yes, you are quite right, I have added a sentiment to the card now as it was looking a bit naked previously!) 

What I used:

Card:  Chocolate Chip, Rose Red, Pretty in Pink, Very Vanilla

Ink:  Chocolate Chip, Rose Red ink pads; Pretty in Pink and Old Olive Stampin' Write markers

Stamp Sets:  Simply Said

Tools and other fun stuff:  Scallop Border punch, Heart to Heart punch, Swiss Dots embossing folder, Stampa-ma-jig, Stampin' Dimensionals.

1 comment:

  1. absolutely love this card and the colour combo is great

    ReplyDelete