Thursday, February 17, 2011

Apple Tree

The embossed 'apple tree' panel on this card really started out as an exercise, I wasn't intending to put in to good use.  Even when it was finished, it sat on my cutting board for a couple of days until I decided to give it a good home - a nice Riding Hood Red base!  I hadn't realized how fantastic this particular red looks with the Certainly Celery - will be using it again in the future that's for sure!

It was the first time I got to try my Square Lattice embossing folder, I had seen quite a few examples of this technique, usually involving hearts or flowers, and was keen to try it out.

I punched the tree out of Certainly Celery with the Wide Oval Punch, punched some red 'apples' with a 1/4" punch, hand-cut the tree trunk, did some sponging with Old Olive and Bashful Blue - glued it all together and rolled it through the Cuttlebug using an embossing folder.  And that's pretty much it really, I matted it with Certainly Celery and then glued it onto Riding Hood Red.  It's just right for this time of the year when apples are coming into season!


What I used:

Card:  Riding Hood Red, Certainly Celery, Chocolate Chip, White

Ink: Old Olive, Bashful Blue, Certainly Celery

Stamp Sets: None

Tools and other fun stuff:  Wide Oval punch, 1/4" punch (non SU), Stampin' sponges, Square Lattice embossing folder.

1 comment:

  1. That is one cool card Frances! It is great to know you can "build" pictures using die cuts and your Big Shot. Well done YOU!

    ReplyDelete