Friday, February 4, 2011

Box of tricks

I know I tend to focus on cards because I love making them, but of course there are so many things to can do with a piece of gorgeous card or paper.  I am yet to make my first scrapbook page (well, I have made a scrapbook before but more on at a later date), but the other avenue I need to explore a little more is 3D papercrafts.  As I was tidying up my craft area the other day it dawned on me that I had a project there that I had not shared with anyone yet, and I really like it as it is useful and practical!

Some time ago I needed a container for my bits and pieces so I cut down an empty box and covered and decorated it.  What I used to cover the base was the paper that Stampin' Up! uses to pack its orders with, I crumpled it up and then smoothed it out, patted the Old Olive ink pad over it to highlight the creases and covered my box.  Then I stamped some Petal Pizazz flowers and leaves, cut them out and glued them securely to it - and it was ready!

I used the 'rock'n'roll' technique for two of the flowers - I can demonstrate it in your next workshop if you like!






What I used:

Card:  Very Vanilla, Stampin' Up! packing paper

Ink:  Old Olive, Rose Red, So Safron, Chocolate Chip, Certainly Celery

Stamp Set:  Petal Pizazz

Tools and other fun stuff:  Scissors, glue.

No comments:

Post a Comment