Monday, February 7, 2011

Navy and Red thanks

I had a reasonably quiet week in the crafting department last week so this morning I decided I'd try a new technique that was showcased in one of Stampin' Up!s demonstrator magazines a couple of months ago, called "Faux Silk".  I used the latest Clean and Simple sketch as my inspiration.



It involves stamping an image on tissue paper, crumpling,  smoothing, glueing, etc.  I think the tissue I chose was a little too fine as you can barely see it, but still, it was good to try it out.  I've attached photos of the process as well in case you were interested in trying it.  I will definitely try it again but with gift wrap tissue which is slightly thicker than what I had on hand this morning.

Do you know I've given this little girl a name?  It just seemed a little sad to be referring to her as 'the little girl' so from now on she will be knows as Emily on my blog!  Don't ask me why I chose that name, it just popped into my mind, slightly old-fashioned perhaps?  She looks like an Emily to me anyway LOL!  And don't worry, I won't be naming all my other stamps!

 First stamp your image on tissue and prepare a base for it to be glued to.
 Crumple up your stamped tissue paper.
 Smooth it out, but not too much, you want those wrinkles, really!
 Roughly cut it to size, allowing for an overhang to tuck around the back
 Apply glue to the base with your glue stick - I have sponged around the background with Riding Hood Red - just experimenting, again!
 Carefully lay the image on the base and smooth it out - I think this is where I went wrong because I smoothed it out too much, removing all the wrinkles...
 When happy with the front, turn over and apply more glue with your glue stick to the back and start glueing down the overhang.
 Finished back, no one will see this part!
Finished 'medallion' ready for your use.


What I used:

Card:  White, Night of Navy

Ink:  Riding Hood Red, Night of Navy

Stamp sets:  Easter Blossoms, Sincere Salutations

Tools and other fun stuff:  Stamp-a-ma-jig, glue stick, Stampin' Sponges, non SU circle and scallop dies/templates.

No comments:

Post a Comment