Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Showcasing Celebrations DSP and Mojo Monday

At the weekend I went to visit Keryn for a crafting session and made a few cards which I'll show you over the next few days.

This is the first one designed by Keryn, made with the Celebrations DSP, a riot of bright colours including Real Red, Pear Pizazz, pacific Point and Bashful Blue.

Come and join me on my Facebook page too!




What I used:

Card:  Pacific Point, Pear Pizazz, Real Red, Bashful Blue, Celebrations DSP

Ink:  Pacific Point

Stamp Sets:  Teeny Tiny Sentiments

Tools and other fun stuff:  Scallop circle punch, 1 3/8" circle punch, Pear Pizazz poly-stitched ribbon.


Mojo Monday 176

Two cards in one post today!

I've never made a round card until now so had to figure out a few things along the way, how to cut it, how to make it stand up, etc.  For the background I crumpled up a piece of SU's packaging paper, smoothed it out and dabbed it with Soft Suede and Old Olive ink pads.  I also added some faux stitching around the edge with a Chocolate Chip marker.   Looking at the card now I feel it needs a layer of red between the background inked paper and the Soft Suede card base, maybe next time!  I took my cue from this week's Mojo Monday sketch and here is what I made:




What I used:

Card:  Soft Suede, Very Vanilla, Old Olive, Haiku DSP (retired), Real Red, SU packaging craft paper.

Ink:  Soft Suede, Old Olive, Basic Black and Chocolate Chip Stampin' Write marker.

Stamp Set:  Basic Phrases.

Tools and other fun stuff:  2-Step Bird punch, Word Window punch, Stampin' Dimensionals, Stampin' sponges.

3 comments: