Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Rosette tutorial

Oh dear, last year I posted a photo of the Christmas card I made my mum and dad on a Stampin' Up! Facebook page and only today realized there had been quite a few people asking how I'd made the rosette!  So, apologies for the delay in getting back to you, and without further ado here is what you were all asking for!


Start by scalloping a length of Old Olive card and scrunch it up carefully.  I used two lengths to make the rosette.

Colour in your image with Stampin' Write markers (I used the Christmas tree from the "Loads of Love" Stampin' Up! set and Chcolate Chip and Old Olive pens) and punch it out with the 1 3/4" circle punch.

Sew along the non-scalloped edge of your scrunched up card with the largest stitch possible, and gather as you would a piece of fabric.  Now, I must add that it was quite hard to do this, so you may want to skip this step and hand pleat your card for the next step (I was experimenting at the time with gathering card on the sewing machine)

This is what the back of my image looked like after I'd stuck the  card frill around it.  You need to use a very strong adhesive like SU's Sticky Strip to hold the folds in place.

Here is the finished rosette, ready to be placed on your project.

Gather the rest of your supplies:  Chocolate Chip and Very Vanilla cardstock, Play Date DSP and Real Red 5/8" grosgrain ribbon.

The greeting is from Contempo Christmas - love that set!

Hope you enjoyed this tutorial, happy crafting!  Needless to say this technique works for lots of different occasions, not just Christmas.

1 comment:

  1. Love it Frances. Off to try and make a rosette once I get Lachy to school later this morning.

    ReplyDelete